Paul A Young Bio | Wiki
Paul A Young ( Full name: Paul Andrew Young) is an English chocolatier, television personality, and pâtissier. He opened his first chocolaterie, in Camden Passage, Islington, in 2006. In 2007, Young opened a second shop in The Royal Exchange. A third shop was opened on Soho’s Wardour Street in June 2011. In August 2019, The Royal Exchange store closed due to rent increases.
Paul A Young Age
He was born on July 28, 1973, in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom. Young is 49 years old.
Paul A Young Height
He is a man of above-average stature. Young stands at a height of 6 ft 3 in ( Approx 1.91 m).
Paul A Young Family
He was born to his parents in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Young’s parents divorced when he was 18 months old. As a result, he and his brother were raised by their mother in Trimdon Station, County Durham.
Paul A Young Wife
Currently, Young lives with his partner Luke, and Miniature Dachshund Billington. Apart from serving as an Ambassador to the Children’s Air Ambulance, Young served as Vice-President of The Sick Children’s Trust as well.
Paul A Young Education
He joined Wellfield Community School and studied there until the age of 15. Young went to join New College Durham in order to study hotel catering and management.
Paul A Young Chocolate
In 2012, Young launched his first chocolate cookbook titled Adventures with Chocolate via Kyle Books. His second book titled Sensational Chocolate was released in 2016 by Clearwater Publishing. The second book featured recipes from 50 celebrities including Emma Thompson and Nigella Lawson. All profits from the sale of the book went to the Children’s Air Ambulance, of which Young was an Ambassador.
He has appeared on different cookery shows such as Saturday Kitchen & This Morning where he typically shares different chocolate recipes or acts as an expert/judge. Young controversially used the divisive flavor of the Durian fruit (popular in Southeast Asia) in 2019 in a campaign to draw attention to Domestic Violence on behalf of Woman’s Trust. Young subsequently apologized for any offense he may have inadvertently caused toward the Southeast Asian community.
Paul A Young Fine Chocolates
After completing his foundation course at New College, he subsequently attended Leeds Metropolitan University. After he left the university, Young relocated to London. While there, he worked as Head Pastry Chef at The Criterion Brassiere and Quo Vadis under Marco Pierre White. Later, he left Quo Vadis to work as a Product Developer for Marks & Spencer and Sainsbury’s. In 2004, he founded his own company, Paul A. Young Fine Chocolates Ltd, with business partner James Cronin.
Paul A Young Hot Chocolate Recipe
– 25 g light muscovado sugar (more if you like it sweet)
– 20 g dark cocoa powder
– 100 g Caribbean 66% dark chocolate
– Spice of your choice, e.g. chili, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or ginger
– Heat 500 milliliters of water, sugar and cocoa powder in a pan
– Simmer for three minutes.
– Break the chocolate into pieces and add to the pan.
– Using an electric hand mixer, blend for one minute.
– Adding any spices that you are using at this point.
– Bring the hot chocolate back to simmer for two minutes and serve.
Paul A Young Fudge Recipe
– 1050g unrefined demerara sugar
– 275ml full-fat milk
– 70g unsalted butter
– 75ml double cream
– 1 large tbsp vanilla paste
– 1 tsp fine sea salt
– Combine the sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large heavy-bottom pan.
– Bring to a simmer on a medium until the temperature reaches 116 degrees C.
– Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula.
– Remove from the heat and stir vigorously until the mix begins to crystalize.
– It will go very thick as though it is setting.
– Take care not to splash any of the mixes on yourself as it’s molten and will burn you.
– Allow cooling to touch then turn out and cut into cubes.
– Wrap immediately and it MUST be stored airtight to avoid the recrystallization of the sugars.
Paul A Young Tv Shows
– 2013 Paul Hollywood’s Pies and Puds
– 2016 The Saturday Show
– 2017 The Sweet Makers
– 2019-2020 This Morning
– 2019-2020 Saturday Kitchen
– 2020 Snackmasters
Paul A Young Net Worth
He is an English chocolatier, television personality, and pâtissier. Young has accumulated an estimated net worth of $10 million.
How Old Is Paul A Young
Young is 49 years old. He was born on July 28, 1973, in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
Who Is Paul A Young
Young is an English chocolatier, television personality, and pâtissier. He opened his first chocolaterie, in Camden Passage, Islington, in 2006.
How Tall Is Paul A Young
He is a man of above-average stature who stands at a height of 6 ft 3 in ( Approx 1.91 m).