John Nichols Bio | Wiki
John Nichols ( Full name: John Harrison Nichols) is an American liberal/progressive journalist and author. He currently serves as a National Affairs correspondent for The Nation. Also, John serves as an associate editor of The Capital Times. The journalist has authored or co-authored books such as Life of American Journalism and The Genius of Impeachment and The Death among others.
John Nichols Age
He was born on February 3, 1959, in Wisconsin, United States. John is 62 years old.
John Nichols Height
He is a man of above-average stature. John stands at a height of 5 ft 9 in ( Approx 1.75m).
John Nichols Family
He was born to his parents on February 3, 1959, in Wisconsin, United States. John has not shared any information regarding his parents or siblings.
John Nichols Wife
He married his wife Mary Bottari. Mary serves as a reporter for the Center for Media and Democracy (CMD). She participated in the launch of CMD’s award-winning ALEC Exposed investigation. Mary is also a two-time recipient of the Sidney Prize for public interest journalism presented by the Sidney Hillman Foundation.
In 2008, she spearheaded CMD’s work on the Wall Street meltdown. Also, Mary contributes frequently to the Capital Times, The Nation, Common Dreams, Alternet, Truthout, Huffington Post, and other media outlets. John and Mary are proud parents to their only daughter. The family lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
John Nichols Education
He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Wisconsin–Parkside. From there, John enrolled at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism for his master’s degree.
John Nichols The Nation
Currently, he lives in Madison and works for The Capital Times as an editor. He previously served as a national correspondent for newspapers in Toledo and Pittsburgh. John is also a Washington correspondent for The Nation and he writes “The Beat” blog for the magazine. The journalist is also a regular contributor to The Progressive and In These Times.
In addition, John appears in the documentary films such as Call It Democracy, Orwell Rolls in His Grave, Unprecedented: The 2000 Presidential Election, and Outfoxed. John, Josh Silver, and Robert McChesney co-founded the Free Press.
He appears as a regular radio and TV guest in a number of liberal and progressive talk shows such as Jon Wiener on KPFK in Los Angeles, Thom Hartmann, The Drive Home with Sly on The Big Oldies WEKZ 93.7 (Monroe, WI), Up with Chris Hayes on MSNBC, The Ed Show with Ed Schultz on MSNBC.
John Nichols Books
– 2000 It’s the Media, Stupid!
– 2001 Jews for Buchanan: Did You Hear the One About the Theft of the American Presidency?
– 2002 Our Media, Not Theirs: The Democratic Struggle Against Corporate Media
– 2005/2004 Dick: The Man Who Is President / The Rise and Rise of Richard B. Cheney: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Most Powerful Vice President in American History
– 2006 The Genius of Impeachment: The Founders’ Cure for Royalism
– 2006 Tragedy & Farce: How the American Media Sell Wars, Spin Elections and Destroy Democracy
– 2010 The Death and Life of American Journalism: The Media Revolution that Will Begin the World Again
– 2011 The “S” Word: a Short History of An American Tradition … Socialism
– 2012 Uprising: How Wisconsin Renewed the Politics of Protest, from Madison to Wall Street
– 2013 Dollarocracy: How the Money-and-Media-Election Complex is Destroying America
– 2016 People Get Ready: The Fight Against a Jobless Economy and a Citizenless Democracy
– 2017 Horsemen of the Trumpocalypse: A Field Guide to the Most Dangerous People in America
– 2020 The Fight for the Soul of the Democratic Party: The Enduring Legacy of Henry Wallace’s Anti-Fascist, Anti-Racist Politics
John Nichols Salary
He earns a reasonable compensation from his job as a National Affairs correspondent for The Nation. John earns an average salary of $70,185 per year.
John Nichols Net Worth
Most of his wealth has been accumulated from his books and his journalism career. John has an estimated net worth of $2,836,029.
Who Is John Nichols
John is an American liberal/progressive journalist and author. He currently serves as a National Affairs correspondent for The Nation. Also, John serves as an associate editor of The Capital Times.
How Old Is John Nichols
John is a 62-year-old American journalist who was born on February 3, 1959, in Wisconsin, United States.
Is John Nichols Married
John married his wife Mary Bottari. Mary serves as a reporter for the Center for Media and Democracy (CMD). Also, Mary contributes frequently to the Capital Times, The Nation, Common Dreams, Alternet, Truthout, Huffington Post, and other media outlets. John and Mary are proud parents to their only daughter. The family lives in Madison, Wisconsin.